You will see, as of the last few days, two new buttons. The High Five for Friday is a very cute idea found on http://www.frommygreydeskblog.com/. It is a reflection of the great things from the past week or so.
My other new button: Skirting the Issue from www.simplesimonandco.com/ is a great idea for service. You are invited to go see each of them.
Cute little toddler skirts. I love the way their feet are ready for action!
1. Finding the button for Skirting the Issue. I like the idea that I can sew some simple skirts for donation to a worthy cause. I teach school, and often I find from causal conversation, that a student lives in foster care. I find that to be heart warming and some stories are heart breaking. So I wish for heart warmers...for all.
2. Posting 4 out of 5 days! Including 2 blog hops, as we speak. The first, Rural Thursday and today with High Five for Friday. Next week I plan to add Tasty Tuesday.
3. Visiting with oldest child. Hugs and kiss on the cheek and good news for him. Talk about heart warming and loving! (I know, not much detail, but trust me, it was great.) Second child is making great progress in a goal of hers and third child also...all reports have been good this week. 3 for 3 is a winning score!
4. Painting with friends. I was able to spend 5 hours in a "painting a painting" experience with two friends. We each fancy ourselves as artists (cough, cough, wink) and we enjoy each others, company. We actually produced pretty good likeness from a painting of Kent Wallis. He is a very good artist and I can see that my painting likeness is not too much like his. We had a good time, and I can always put that canvas into the trash bin if it doesn't get better.
5. Blogging aide. I had a bloggerama (I know, not a real word) with my sis, Renae, at www.simplesequins.com for most of the day, at her house...seated at her new gray desk for those of you who have been watching her blog. We had a great time. Her daughter came while I was there, I held LL, (her grandson) and my niece, cooked for us. The food was welcome, as some of you know, blogging can make you hungry. And in this same vein, I want to thank Renae for all of her help. I'm an original "Blogging for Dummies" training wheels blogger, and she helps me!!
Is this me, before getting help or is this her trying to figure out how to help?
When you are seeking help, who comes to the foreground?
Where are your happiest places this time of year? and why?