Thank you for thinking of me for the Liebster Award. What a great surprise.
Liebster is a German word that means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome. When nominated, you tell 11 things about yourself, answer the 11 questions, nominate 11 people to receive the award and create 11 questions for them. Nominations go to those with less than 200 followers. Thank you Jacqueline.
- I love ice cream.
- In my collection of friends, I have many people that are "do withs". They are always calling me to go do something with them. I do not usually do the calling...funny, huh.
- Our children's birth order and timing near emulate that of my husband's family..boy, girl, long space, boy. Power of suggestion?
- I drive the same kind of car my son does...he did the research, I liked it..he bought then I did. The dealership gets us mixed up, same last name, same year, model car. I teach school and one young, car savvy student complemented me on having a "cool car."
- I love diamonds...don't have many of those. Pearls are my next best girlfriend.
- I taught myself Office Word, while on a temp job. That totally upgraded me for my next job.
- I can (could- haven't for a long time) ride my bicycle without holding the handlebars. Hahaa
- I was rescued by a lifeguard at Huntington Beach, CA ...rip tide...clueless non ocean aware, invincible 20ish, first time in the ocean, Utahn.
- I can make a musical semblance "playing my nose". Best song for that Hawaiian Wedding Song. Taught by the best nose player, Aunt Ruth. (hint: hum then pinch your nose, release, in rhythm. sounds like steel guitar.)
- Hold onto your hats environmentalist...I was born in a city that no longer exists... not even the ground is not there. It is a great big hole in a mountainside. The mining company, now owned by Rio Tinto, bought the town and mined it away.
- I could have been an artist...but my 7th grade art teacher was so scary, I did not pursue any other artwork creation until my 30's. Well, that's my story and I'm sticking with it.
My Questions given to me by Jacqueline
Why blog, why love, why eat, why watch tv, why order doughnuts? Why do I share with blog world? Because I am who I am.
2. You have the power! The superpower! What is it? To think so fast, even I cannot get it all the time.
3. Are you Clark Kent, Magneto, or Wesley from The Princess Bride? Or are you Lois Lane, Cat Woman, or Princess Buttercup? Oh, Buttercup! ....'do it my way, my love.'
4. You dream of the past, I know you do, what would be your perfect era? My twenties.
5. What have you listened to most recently? Fan of air conditioner.
6. In what medium do you best express yourself? Written word, here, on blog. Talking...teaching...singing at church.
7. For 24 hours you may change the world to suit yourself; in what way would you change it?
Give each everyone the perfect temperature for the day...not too hot, to cold or to wet. Decrease those bad attitudes.
8. What comforts you? Grilled cheese.
9. You are locked inside a white room, do you try to escape or do you grab crayons and/or paint and use the room as a blank canvas?
10. How difficult is it for you to say no? Let's see; I just spent 24 hours caring for a 5 year old...No..not to much.
11. You are at peace with yourself; how do you show others how to achieve that peace?
Honor yourself and others.
( in order of my mixture of notes
and searching...not in order of
1. One Foot Out of the Box
2. Terri at Coloring Outside the Lines
3. Snapshots by Happyone
10. Lisa Lynn
Questions for Nominees
- Tell us your take on exercise.
- Explain your family.
- What is your favorite book? OK, books- limited to 10.
- Name the character in Winnie the Pooh, most like you and why.
- Shoes: Discuss
- Were you ever in a parade...when, where, why, how, what did you do?
- Name 3 favorite dinners...what and/or where...?
- Tell about a favorite vacation.
- Music...do you play or only listen...what are your favorites
- What is your favorite hobby?
- What animal is of most interest to you?